Good people sometimes make mistakes or poor choices. Being charged with a crime is often the lowest point in a person’s life. It can affect your job, your ability to drive, your personal relationships, your finances, and your personal freedom. At Huron Valley Law Associates, we attempt to minimize the impact a criminal charge will have on your life by providing experienced, compassionate, and affordable legal services that accomplish your goals.
So whether you are fighting a traffic ticket, an alcohol- or drug-related offense, or an assault charge, we will conduct a thorough investigation of the evidence and negotiate all settlement offers. If you choose to reject the deal, we are fully prepared to go to court.
Some criminal convictions and even charges have serious career consequences, including for licensed health care workers (physicians, pharmacists, nurses, and social workers), attorneys, teachers, and professional truck and bus drivers. We will explain the potential consequences before you make a decision about plea offers and advise you of any possible steps you can take to mitigate the severity of the consequences or license sanctions.
Types of cases we regularly handle:
- Assault or assault and battery, including domestic violence
- Burglary or breaking and entering
- Civil ordinance code citations, including property violations
- Driver’s license restorations following suspensions from DUI/OWI or gross misdemeanor traffic violations
- Drug crimes, including possession and trafficking
- Fraud, including credit card fraud and identity theft such as using a fake ID
- Theft, shoplifting, retail fraud
- Traffic violations and any routine moving or non-moving violations